There are a few reasons why outsourcing the process is a smarter approach:
- Unbiased Perspective on HIPAA Compliance: Self-assessments can suffer from inherent biases, as it is challenging to have an objective view of your own practice. To ensure an effective assessment that identifies areas for improvement, engaging an independent third-party is the preferred option.
- Comprehensive Scope of the Assessment: It is essential to consider the full scope of HIPAA compliance. While electronic protected health information (ePHI) is commonly understood, other aspects, such as physical and technical safeguards, may be overlooked. Outsourcing the assessment ensures that safety measures, including security cameras, door access codes, alarm systems and more, are thoroughly evaluated.
- Freedom to Focus: By entrusting the assessment to an external provider, your internal team can maintain their focus on delivering the highest quality care to patients. With no distractions, they can dedicate their efforts entirely to their core responsibilities.
By leveraging the expertise of a third-party assessment provider, you can achieve a more impartial evaluation, comprehensive coverage of compliance requirements, and enhanced productivity within your organization.
Have Your HIPAA Compliance Reviewed by Sourcepass
HIPAA compliance is complicated which is why Sourcepass developed a comprehensive compliance assessment service to help. With Sourcepass, we can:
- Conduct a risk assessment to identify gaps between your existing security measures and compliance requirements.
- Implement the proper technical safeguards to address gaps and secure electronic protected health information.
- Verify the often-overlooked physical aspects of compliance including security cameras, door access codes, and alarm systems.
- Assist in creating the policies and procedures needed to keep your staff operating in a way that’s compliant.
For more information on how Sourcepass can help with HIPAA compliance, contact Germany Caushi, Cyber Risk Advisor at (877) 678-8080.