Whether your business embraces remote, hybrid, or in-office work, an employee monitoring service can be useful to measure productivity.
The Pros of Employee Monitoring
Here are some pros of employee monitoring:
- It’s Easy to Identify Problem Areas: Monitoring software allows you to learn how long employees take to accomplish tasks. This information might indicate which issues remote team members have with their jobs and can allow you to better align their job duties with their skillsets.
- You Can Quickly Detect “Bad Actors”: Remote monitoring could help you bolster your cybersecurity. In the event a team member leaks sensitive company data, you can quickly pinpoint the source of the leak with the help of a remote monitoring tool.
- You Can Easily Stop Unauthorized Access: Employee monitoring can be useful for controlling which information particular team members are allowed to access. Whenever an unauthorized member accesses data they are not supposed to, either maliciously or accidentally, you can be notified by the monitoring software.
- Distractions Are Minimized: By preventing access to social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. you can reduce the number of outside-work distractions. At the same time, you can find out how much time is wasted on such unproductive sites and take the necessary steps.
The Cons of Employee Monitoring
Here are some cons of employee monitoring if inadequately introduced to your workforce:
- Employee trust could be dealt a blow.
- Morale and engagement can suffer.
- Privacy concerns may be voiced.
To iron out such issues, have a clear discussion with your team to ensure they understand the benefits of monitoring such as enhancing the productivity, security, and compliance of the business. Treat adoption as a team effort by:
- Sharing productivity trends with your team to drive engagement.
- Recognizing the top performers or those who are modest about their achievements.
- Finding the right workload balance for each employee to help them perform optimally.
What Should an Employee Monitoring Service Include
Monitoring, measuring, analyzing, and improving the productivity of your workforce is not easy. With factors such as different geographical work locations, job roles, and operating processes adding to the complexity, it can be a headache.
With a workforce productivity and analytics application that enables business owners to gain a clearer picture of their workplace, you can:
- Gain a better understanding of how your employees use their time.
- View productivity reports that can help define an appropriate workload balance.
- Identify and assess the top-performing behaviors and come up with a productivity baseline.
- Improve employee performance by leveraging data insights to coach them.
- Improve team engagement by sharing productivity data.
- Pinpoint inefficient processes and operational bottlenecks and take remedial actions.
- Identify and rectify misaligned skill sets as needed.
If you are interested in learning more about our employee monitoring service to increase your business’ productivity, contact Ken Varrone, Chief Product Officer at (877) 678-8080.