Acceptable Use Policy
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) governs use of Sourcepass’ networks, services, systems, websites, software, hardware, and products (collectively, “Services”) by Sourcepass’ customers (“Clients”) and their Authorized Users (collectively, including Client, “Users”). Upon any violation or reasonably suspected violation of this AUP, Sourcepass shall be entitled to immediately suspend provision of the Services in a manner reasonably tailored to address the potential harm. Client shall immediately report any violations of this AUP to Sourcepass and cooperate with Sourcepass to investigate and remedy such violations.
Users shall not, and shall not authorize, encourage, assist, or enable any other party to engage in, any of the following in connection with the Services:
- Violating applicable laws or regulations.
- Using the Services in a manner that may expose Sourcepass or its suppliers to civil or criminal liability, or regulatory enforcement.
- Harming others or engaging in activity that would subject Sourcepass or its affiliates to liability.
- Copying or attempting to copy any software or data without authorization.
- Loading, downloading, or uploading any software or file without authorization.
- Distributing any unauthorized software, including but not limited to viruses, worms, trojan horses, or other malicious code.
- Crypto mining.
- Promoting or facilitating violence or terrorist activities.
- Modifying system configurations or hardware without authorization.
- Disrupting or attempting to disrupt system operations.
- Phishing or engaging in identity theft.
- Infringing the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of others.
- Any production purposes.
Activities Impacting Security or Reliability
- Damaging, interfering with, overburdening, or otherwise adversely impacting the availability, reliability, or stability of the Services or third-party systems or networks.
- Attempting to circumvent or break any security mechanism of the Services, or using the Services in a manner that poses a security or other risk to Sourcepass, Sourcepass’ suppliers, any User of the Services, or any third party.
- Benchmarking, tampering with, unauthorized testing of, reverse-engineering, decompiling, or otherwise using the Services in order to discover limitations or vulnerabilities, or evade filtering capabilities.
- Using the Services in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, or other devices or systems in which malfunction of the Services would result in foreseeable risk of injury or death of the operator of the device or system, or to others.
Protecting Individuals’ Rights
- Engaging in fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate, or misleading activity with respect to third parties (including impersonation of identity or identifiers such as phone numbers or email addresses) or otherwise bypassing legitimate identification systems.
- Using the Services to harvest or otherwise collect information about individuals, including email addresses or phone numbers, without their explicit consent or under false pretenses.
- Engaging in spamming, or other unsolicited, unwanted, or harassing advertising, marketing or other activities, including any activities that violate applicable anti-spamming, data protection, or privacy laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, the CAN SPAM Act of 2003, or the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Inappropriate or Harmful Content
Using, storing, uploading, downloading, submitting, transmitting, distributing, or facilitating the distribution of, any information that contains “inappropriate content,” including, but not limited to, content that:
- May be considered libelous, slanderous, defamatory, threatening, sexually explicit, vulgar, profane, obscene, offensive, abusive, malicious or otherwise harmful to any person or entity, constitutes or promotes “hate speech,” or is otherwise discriminatory based on race, sex, creed, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, language, or age.
- Contains fraudulent offers for products or services, or any advertising or promotional materials that contain deceptive, false, or misleading statements, representations or claims, or false or inaccurate data, including the fraudulent use of credit cards.
- Contains or transmits viruses, Trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs, or similar destructive programming routines.
- Promotes, markets, or otherwise relates to illegal activities or terrorism.
- Infringes on, misappropriates, dilutes, or violates any intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, patent, trade secrets, rights of publicity, and rights of privacy.
- Constitutes or relates to “adult services” or content of an adult nature, including, without limitation, content that contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, except where appropriate age-gating functionality has been implemented, such content is otherwise legal in the applicable jurisdiction, and only to the extent approved by Sourcepass.
- Comprises or promotes alcohol, firearms, or tobacco content, except where appropriate age-gating functionality has been implemented and such content is otherwise legal in the applicable jurisdiction.
- Contains sensitive financial or identification information or documents.
- Contains “protected health information” as defined by the United States’ Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 as amended, except in connection with and in compliance with an active Business Associate Agreement with Sourcepass, or as covered by the “conduit exception” or other applicable exception to requiring a Business Associate Agreement.
Review of Use of Services and Accounts
Sourcepass reserves the right to review Users’ Services and Accounts at any time for potential abuses of this AUP. Sourcepass may determine a violation of this AUP in its’ sole discretion as stated herein. If Sourcepass determines that Users have violated this AUP, Sourcepass may immediately suspend or terminate Services with or without notice depending on the nature of the offending behavior in its’ sole discretion.