Most businesses use technology to maximize efficiency so it’s important to ensure your IT infrastructure is set up and properly maintained by experts. Because a business network stores and secures business data, it’s one of your most valuable assets. A Managed Service Provider (MSP) provides expert support and service for your network, including:
- Network Administration & Security
- Data Backup
- IT Support
- Cloud Computing
Here are some of the ways an MSP can help your business.
1. Fully Managed, Co-Managed, Advisory Services
When you opt to use an MSP, you don’t always need to buy the premium package. Typically, MSPs have variable plans that can accommodate your specific business needs.
For example, businesses may use an MSP for IT support, cybersecurity, procurement, network and computer maintenance, cloud computing, data backup, or several other IT-related functions. An excellent MSP should offer all these options but also understand that each business has its own unique needs.
Some businesses have in-house IT staff that could use the support of an MSP (e.g., technology consulting or assistance with maintaining the network) while others want an MSP to fully control and manage the IT infrastructure. Either way, an MSP provides access to a full team of help desk staff and IT engineers that can provide support and guidance for your business needs.
Some businesses seek out an MSP to help achieve industry-mandated compliance. A good MSP can help optimize your network infrastructure in alignment with compliance mandates.
3. Data Privacy
Every business values its data and understands the importance of keeping client data confidential. An MSP can assist with overseeing and maintaining your network with exceptional services and support, as well as providing the tools and best practices to ensure that your information systems are protected from hackers, malware, viruses, and other threats.
A dedicated MSP can provide guidance on any area of IT as they have experience with IT systems and can advise you on the best equipment at the best price. For example, if you are looking to replace your phone system or upgrade your server, an MSP will have the best recommendations for you since they deal with hardware, software, and other IT-related vendors every day.
How to Choose the Best Managed Service Provider
There are many ways your business can benefit when you hire a reputable MSP to take care of your IT needs. Here are some factors to consider when looking for an MSP for your business.
- Expertise in your industry: A good MSP has the depth of bench to provide access to talent who have seen the challenges of your industry. Asking for referrals is recommended. An operationally mature business can only be underserved by a small MSP that lacks an operational maturity of their own.
- 24×7 Support: A good MSP will have an always-on attitude and staff an in-house 24×7 help desk to resolve your IT support needs quickly. The best MSP for your business should be available around the clock to respond to your IT service requests and ensure business continuity. Unresolved or slow technical support issues is the number one reason that a business looks to replace their current managed service provider.
- Customer reviews: Look around on social networks, Google reviews, and even the MSP’s website for client testimonials/reviews. Make sure you don’t see any “red flags” but also realize that there are malicious people out there so analyze reviews to the best of your ability.
- Accountability: Make sure the MSP provides a written agreement that outlines expectations, services, etc.
- Accessibility: A good MSP will provide confident control of your IT function through frequent and steady check-ins, project-specific services and support, real-time access to reports and analytics, and recommendations to ensure your future business success.
To ensure you find the right MSP for your IT service needs, you must consider the factors mentioned in this blog. Not all MSPs are the same, and before you can hire any, you must ensure they can help your business grow. If you are interested in hearing more about how Sourcepass can help, contact Mike Lareau, VP of Solution Engineering at (877) 678-8080.